Top Dating DOíS and DONíTS
By Dating Expert Stephany Alexander
As a dating expert who has given dating advice to thousands of singles, there are 20 basic Doís and Doníts in the world of dating to help you increase your chances of succeeding. Dating can be fun and exciting but getting involved with the wrong person can destroy your life. How do you put the odds in your favor when dating? I have broken down the top 20 rules of dating to help you find that special person.
TOP 10 DATING DOíS
1. Do relax and enjoy yourself. Dating is supposed to be fun so make it fun. Choose activities that you both love so you arenít miserable or dying of boredom. If you donít like dating, then donít do it.
2. Do groom yourself before your date. Make sure you are freshly showered, have fresh breath and have an outfit on that flatters you. Save your crazy or overly sexy outfits for when you get to know the person better.
3. Do Listen. Listening is more important than talking. Ask your date a lot of questions and hone in on similar interests. Donít brag about yourself constantly because that is the ultimate turn-off.
4. Do compliment your date. If you think your date looks nice, say so. Donít focus on your dateís imperfections; focus on their good points. If it looks like your date took time to get ready, compliment them by letting them know.
5. Do be positive. Nobody wants to listen to you complain or hear how miserable you are. A poor attitude can destroy a date faster than anything
6. Do be honest and upfront. If the date didnít click, tell your date that you will have to think about it and that you will contact them again if you are interested.
7. Do be proactive. You need to take the initiative to meet people to date. Practice flirting, smile, be friendly and make eye contact. This will show people you are available and will increase your chances of being asked out.
8. Do date creatively. Donít go to the movies where you canít talk or get to know your date better. Go to dinner, bowling and then a movie or go horseback riding, hiking or to an art or music festival. Think outside the box!
9. Do stay open minded. You really donít know much about a person after just one date. Even if your date is not love at first sight for you, if you like something about them or their personality, you may want to consider giving them a second chance.
10. Do be polite and respectful. Offer to pay for all or half of the date even if you are a woman. Say ďpleaseĒ and ďthank youĒ and be respectful towards the other personís feelings.
10 DATING RULE DONíTS
1. Donít be late. Make sure you leave early enough to deal with traffic delays or other things that could prevent you from being on time. Being late shows that you donít respect the other personís time and sets the date off on the wrong foot.
2. Donít chase someone. Donít phone, text or email your date more than once a day unless you are in a conversation with them and they are replying. Being desperate or clingy is a huge turn off.
3. Donít date people who you think will use you. If you have money, donít tell the other person. If a man comes on too strong for sex early on, shut him down and move on. You want someone who wants you for you, not what you can do for them or give them. Besides, once they get what they want, theyíll move on to their next target.
4. Donít lie to your date. Donít over exaggerate your income, education or what you do. These lies will eventually come out and then you will appear as a dishonest loser.
5. Donít come on too strong. If you are anxious to get married right away, thatís okay. However, constantly talking about serious commitment issues such as marriage and children on a first date can scare your date away.
6. Donít sit around and wait for his or her call. Stay busy. There is nothing more pathetic than someone who immediately drops their life or routine for someone they just met. Your goal is to have a fulfilled life that another person can add to, not engulf
7. Donít get drunk or use drugs on your date. What kind of an impression are you making if you are incoherent when you first meet? Your date will think you are like that with all your dates and it will make you look irresponsible and foolish.
8. Donít flirt with others while on a date. This may seem like common sense but nothing will end your date faster than you hitting on your dateís friend or someone else.
9. Donít have sex with someone until you have dated them a while. A while does not mean 1 or 2 dates. If it was meant to be, it will be and part of the fun of dating is the thrill of the chase.
10. Donít give out too much personal information on a first date. Keep your home address and telephone number confidential until you get to know your date better and make sure you always meet in a public place and someone knows where you are. A check-up call from a family member or friend at a certain time during your date is always a good idea.
original article on datedaily
Copyright 2011 By Dating Expert, Stephany Alexander, B.A., Author of ďThe Cheat Sheet,Ē and ďSex, Lies and the Internet,Ē and Founder of Free Date Screening Service Ė Promoting Safer and Smarter Dating Decisions Worldwide.
Ms. Alexander is frequently called on by the media as one of the nationís leading dating experts. She and her website have been featured on CBS, FOX, E! Entertainment, the Mike & Juliet Show, and in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, National Enquirer, Oprah.com and on countless other media portals.