5 Reasons Couples Break Up
We hear about people breaking up every day. In fact, you probably have a lot of friends or even family who are experiencing breakups on a fairly regular basis. Why does it seem that so many couples are calling it quits these days? To truly understand why so many couples are going their separate ways, you have to understand the reasons why people are breaking up. We live in a society where we are encouraged to go after what we want and dump those things from our lives which hold us back. Could this be one reason why more people are giving up on their relationships?
Another problem could be that people are not as willing to work on their relationships anymore. We live in a somewhat selfish society where people want what they want and are not willing to compromise or participate in the give and take that is needed for a healthy relationship. There are some acts which are automatic deal-breakers for many people yet there are other problems that could potentially be resolved if we only gave it some effort. If we put half as much effort into our relationships as we did other things in our lives (such as our jobs), would there be as many couples breaking up?
To understand why so many relationships are not working out and why many of your own may not have worked out, you need to look at why people are breaking up. What are some of the top reasons that couples break up?
5 Reasons Couples Break Up (In no particular order)
1. A desire to be independent
3. Abuse (physical, emotional, sexual or combination of the three)
4. Past problems or fears interfere with current relationship
5. Not making the relationship a priority
Some people simply aren't ready to be in a relationship. They may think that they are and then discover they are not or they may be in the beginning until certain situations arise to make them desire to be independent. In some relationships, it is a mutual decision when both parties think they would rather be alone.
Infidelity is often a deal-breaker for many relationships. While some marriages and couples survive cheating, it is a common reason for split-ups. Many people simply can't live with a partner who would cheat on them and some split-up because the cheating party now wants to be with the other person.
Abuse is another common reason for breakups. There are many forms of abuse and it leads to the breakdown of the relationship between the two parties. Some women leave at the first sign of abuse while others put up with abuse for many years before finally calling it quits.
Past problems or fears that you have from previous relationships in your life can also interfere with your current relationship and lead to fighting and an eventual breakup. If your partner has unresolved issues from previous relationships, this can also lead to problems in yours.
One of the most common problems that couples face is with not making the relationship a priority. When you do not take time for your partner or for your relationship, it will suffer. This doesn't just mean that you make time to deal with problems. It also means that you make time for one another on a regular basis and that you plan to spend time together regularly. Do something special or romantic for each other and show that you care. Failing to give your relationship the attention it deserves will eventually lead to the breakdown of the relationship.
Written by By WomanSavers' Feature Writer Lisa M. www.WomanSavers.com '
* All break up and relationship articles are the property of their owners. ' All WomanSavers relationship articles are copyright of the individual authors, unless specified. http://www.WomanSavers.com is not responsible or liable for the accuracy and/or content of the women's relationship and break up articles displayed on this site. Submitted relationship articles for women to be included, but not limited, to the categories of: relationship articles, break up articles, abuse articles, cheating statistics, dating advice articles, divorce articles, gender difference studies, healthy relationship articles, internet cheating articles, marriage articles, medical articles, men's advice for women, men's relationship articles, miscellaneous articles, relationship news articles, rape statistics articles, sex articles, sex laws, sexual infidelity articles, single women articles, surviving infidelity articles, websites that help cheaters, women over 40.